Thanks first of all to Mitchel David Ring for the nomination. I have to admit that I have no idea who Liebster is nor what this award truly is about, but still I am honored nevertheless. I apologize if the formatting of this post turns into something less than perfect. Also I don’t know how to insert links within a post, so please indulge me. Following are the 11 questions asked by Mitch, with my answers to each.
- Are ghosts real? Have you ever had an experience with anything paranormal?
- Should aliens even care about what goes on down here on Earth?
- Do you think there are beings that exist beyond our perceptions? As in, are there things both smaller and larger than what our physical and technological capabilities can perceive?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- What ancient city would you most like to visit at the height of its power?
- Is magic real?
- What happened to Amelia Earhart?
- The world has seen industries that started small among a select few individuals, and then spread like wildfire throughout the world: social media, online commerce, even cryptocurrency to an extent. What’s the next big industry?
- Would you rather be gifted a mansion or a private jet? All expenses paid for both.
- What is the one secret the government wants to be found out the least?
- Are you optimistic about humanity’s future?
1. I would say that the existence of ghosts and the paranormal depends on the witness’s state of mind or point of view. People who think and perceive with one “bucket” of the mind will see things a certain way, and differently from others using another bucket. My experience has used a number of “buckets.”
2. Any aliens out there will likely be as curious about life elsewhere as we are on Earth.
3. I will refer people to the tale by H.P. Lovecraft called “From Beyond” for the answer to this question.
4. I prefer the taste of chocolate, but I end up eating vanilla due to caffeine issues.
5. Either Athens or Baghdad, the latter because of The Arabian Nights.
6. Cf. answer to Question 1.
7. Earhart ended up being the subject of a song by Joni Mitchell.
8. The next big industry: roll-less toilet paper.
9. A mansion. I’m a homebody. Just be sure that the paid expenses include a housekeeper, or a team of them.
10. The biggest government coverup is probably Trump’s clone(s).
11. Again a song comes to mind: “Carry On” by CSNY, especially the lines, “Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice / But to carry on.”
The new nominations:
Diane de Exclana
The Used Life
D.W. Brewster, My Journey
Lara Trace Hentz
- What do you think is the most proper use of a blog?
- Is it ever right to tell a lie? When, or in what situations?
- Would you “barter” everything you have been, or could be, for one breath of ecstasy? (From a poem by Sara Teasdale)
- Have you ever been given over to a wanton passion? How did you feel afterwards?
- Consider Lt Henry in A Farewell to Arms. If you saw your turn coming to be executed in a lineup of soldiers, would you take the bullet or rather bolt for the river? Which move is nobler, in your opinion?
- Which is more important, society or the individual?
- Altruism or egoism? Can there be a balance?
- Which is logically prior, economy or ecology?
- Is premarital sex okay in your opinion?
- What is the best book you ever read?
- What advice would you give to someone you met with a serious addiction problem?
Thanks for reading and participating!